I Get Around
Ahhh, the Motor City.
Somehow my life of late has become tangled up in Detroit. I recently dubbed it the new Pinnacle of Civilization in my humble experience, and on this Memorial Day weekend, I landed there not once, but twice (Thursday, as a ground stop on my way to work in Baltimore, Saturday as an overnight). Ahhh, commuting 889 miles...

Last weekend, I had the good fortune of staying the night in the City of Angels. Melanie and I, who both have four-year degrees, met our match in the time-delay setting on both of our cameras. Behold, the technological genius of our combined intelligences!
Also, my crew was beyond fun – Donald was the true Spirit of Southwest, singing show tunes with SWA themes (including 'Crazy for Loving You' and 'There's No Business Like Show Business'), and Penny showed me the SWASpa, which is a blend of sugar and lemon exfoliant rinsed with sparkling water, that left my hands feeling baby-soft.
I was in Salt Lake City Friday night; I resisted any advances by already-married men.
Random Observations: The song by Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising, is deceptively perky. It came on the radio as I drove back from St. Louis last week and I found myself dancing in my seat and singing along to the major key and catchy rhythm. Then I remembered that the song is apocolyptic in nature. Also, Coke has now come out with Diet Coke Plus, a rainbow-painted can of caffeine sans sugar with 'nutrients.' A soft drink with added vitamins? There are so many ways in which this is wrong, I don't know where to start. It is as bad as carbonated milk. Can our society not just eat regular, healthy foods? Good grief. Last week, I got entirely through my emergency demo (seat belt, info card, life vest, and oxygen mask) when, upon walking to the back to sit down, a passenger stopped me and pointed to my belt. It had been completely undone the whole time. Good thing my fly was zipped up and that I have no pride anyway. I thanked him, and would have comped his alcohol had he ordered any.

5 comments:
the carbonated milk made me puke, hypothetically of course. thanks for sharing your brilliant knowledge of cameras with the world. it made me smile! puking and smiling, all before 8:30. not bad for a tuesday...
you didn't call me from salt lake city :(
And I thought my 40 mile commute was bad.
You and Melanie are SOOO cute!
haha.
Sarah never liked it when I texted and drove.
Looks like she's got bigger problems with the two of you!
browsing your posts in reverse order...
you should try the UALspa international version: wash your hands with champagne and sugar
baby soft courtesy of 1st class excess :)
Post a Comment